My belief about birth.
- I believe birth is not an illness or a condition, but an amazing, wonderful, exciting event that is inherently normal.
- I believe pregnancy, labor and birth have a profound effect on birthing people and their families. It is an experience that is never forgotten.
- I believe we intuitively and instinctively know how to give birth. Those caring for and supporting birthing people need to trust and respect that inner wisdom.
- I believe one’s confidence and ability to birth is either enhanced or diminished by those who care for them and the environment around them.
- I believe a birthing person has a right to give birth free from routine medical interventions. If interventions become necessary or desired, all information needed to support and understand the intervention should be provided.
- I believe education empowers families to make informed choices in health care, to assume responsibility for their health and to trust their intuition, instinct and inner wisdom.
Meet your Winnipeg Birth Doula
Hello! Come in! My name is Jenine, and I hope to be your Winnipeg birth doula! I am a wife to my high school sweetheart, mother of three wonderful and busy tiny humans, lover of chocolate and country music. I've been lucky enough to call Winnipeg home for my entire life, although I'm fairly sure Manitoba was supposed to be closer to the equator and the ocean!
I've been blessed to have three different birth experiences to prepare me for work as a doula. My oldest was born in the hospital, supported by a lovely doula, and her birth was eye opening in every way. Our second baby decided to surprise us a few weeks early in a very quick unexpected unassisted birth. He continues to keep us on our toes every day! Our youngest babe was a perfect homebirth, surrounded by my husband, our dear friend and local Winnipeg birth doula, a few fantastic Manitoba midwives and a waterbirth just before dawn. His birth was healing and grounding, full of empowerment and wonder, everything I believe a birth should be, regardless of location.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Manitoba, and in my free time I'm lucky enough to volunteer with Inspire Community Outreach- a non-profit that works with youth in Winnipeg, focusing on positive mental health.
I came about the birth world quite by accident, but I couldn't be more thankful! I have been supporting women as a Winnipeg birth doula since 2008, and have completed Birth Doula training workshops and programs with both DONA International and MACFE. I've been blessed to support mamas both at hospital and home, with midwives and OB's, with a variety of circumstances and hopes for their labors. I fall more in love with each birth that happens. I believe birth is magical, even when difficult, and watching women harness their strength and power to bring their babes earthside is without a doubt, the best job in the world.
Want to know more? Ready to hire your Winnipeg Birth Doula? Send me a message. Let's grab a cup of coffee, chat, and get to know each other. I think we could be great friends.
Want to know more?
I'm always happy to chat more about myself, birth and how I can become your Winnipeg Birth Doula. Take a few moments and send me a note- let's get to know each other.